- A tuition-free public charter school
- The school has a strong academic orientation, where high achievement by students is valued, encouraged rewarded, and expected
- The Core Knowledge curriculum is used to provide a content-rich, sequential curriculum that instills a love of learning and prepares students for advanced learning.
- The method of delivery is individualized as much as possible.
- Foreign language is taught daily beginning in Kindergarten.
- Parents participate in a meaningful way and are actively involved in all aspects of school management and decision making.
- Student to staff classroom ratios are small with 26 students and two staff members (one teacher and one aide) per class.